5 October 2017

Unbelievable

Because I'm a twit this post didn't go out as it should've.  I was a twit because while I was away I updated my iPad to IOS11 and didn't find out til afterwards that the blog app I use on it didn't work as the developer hasn't updated that.  So, here is a two week old post!!

Now this maybe a long post but I'm sure you'll find it really interesting - just like I did.

Some time ago Liz, who lives in Australia got in touch with me regarding making my seahorses (big and medium sized). This was for an exhibition in Exmouth she was involved with over in Australia. 

Now Liz lives on the opposite side of the country from where this is actually taking place so she will never see the 'real deal' which is a shame. I'm attaching some photos she sent me of the final project but I really, really feel you should follow this link to a time-lapse video which the group in Exmouth did. Here's a link to their Facebook page too and also It's mind blowing and the results are amazing. Another link for you too.

Look out for the whales - they're incredible.







9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awe-inspiring!!! Fabullous work!!!

Maureen said...

What a wonderful community project! I love the knitted fish.

Michelle said...

Wow, this is just remarkable ne lovely! Thank you for sharing it, I'll have to settle for the video but I'm so glad to have seen it, what an amazing piece of communal art!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Amazing!

P.S. ~ I didn't realize the update affected blog posts until you mentioned it. I usually post from my laptop. Does this mean we'll have to learn something new?

Madtatter80 said...

Fantastic🌷

Patti said...

Absolutely incredible!. Thanks for sharing Jane and Liz.

Crazy Mom! said...

WOW!!!!!

Jane Eborall said...

No, Diane. Nothing new. It was just the one app on the iPad. I found another one but couldn't make it work as I hadn't got some information with me!!!

GoldenMom said...

Wow! I'm amazed with the countless hours that were invested in this incredible display. LOVED how the organizers included children in the creation of various parts too. What a lovely way to illustrate the complexity and diversity of reefs. Thanks for sharing.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.