16 August 2017

The purple bag


Well it's done. Not sure I like the flap and may well take it off in due course!!! 

I've put two short lengths of velcro at the top each side of the flap so if that goes then I'll add a strip more of velcro. That's literally all I had left to make it anyway. 

I made it with a big gusset so that it sits firmly and then tapered the sides in so that it doesn't 'gape' while sitting there.  

The lining is from my stash so that didn't cost me anything either. I SO love the colour and it's going to be a useful bag to put all my tatting 'bits' in for my trip to Canada and the Fringe Element Tat Days.

To say I'm rather pleased with it is an understatement.  

13 comments:

craftie sylvie said...

Love it!!!! The shape is really good. I like the lining too :)

Maureen said...

I love it! And I think the flap should stay, it looks very elegant. Did you have a pattern?.You still have time to add just a touch of tatting to it.

Jane Eborall said...

No pattern, Maureen. I make bags up as I go along. Lots of thinking and planning, though!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Perfect!

Crazy Mom! said...

You SHOULD be chuffed. It looks great!

God's Kid said...

The inside and outside look fabulous together!!! :) Great bag!! :)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm speechless! Finished already! Beautiful bag - nicely thought out! Great lining. I love the flap and see a nice spot for tatting and beads.

SWtrompeter said...

The bag looks wonderful. The lining looks like it was made JUST to go with the outer fabric of the bag. The whole thing looks so happy and bright.
StephanieW

Bernice said...

Beautiful

Bernice said...

Beautiful

Pigmini said...

And there was me thinking you'd send it to a good home here in East Yorkshire!! Drat! Foiled again! Lol

lej619 said...

Yep I agree the flap needs to go!

Jane Eborall said...

It's gone, lej619!!!! Looooong gone!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.