17 July 2017

Finished and on my site

I finally, finally managed to get my aged act together yesterday and did a final proof read of the Ring A Ding Ding motif. My main problem is a total lack of interest once a design has been done and I wander off and start on something else and forget it!!!

This time round I decided I really MUST get to grips with Pages. I've tried that software time and time again and got totally in a mess with it. Now it's my FAVOURITE. The only thing I can't seem to do is add hyperlinks to the images but I'm hoping some kind person who reads this will be able to tell me how to do that.

The last major problem I had with it was blurry drawings. Really strange as I couldn't for the life of me work out what I was doing wrong. So, the other day I forced BC3 to just sit at the computer until he'd found out how to solve this major hiccup.

I tried larger pictures, smaller ones, standing on my head, getting drunk (not really!) and then the light bulb went on!! Well, more a small candle, really. It occurred to me that throughout my time on the internet and putting 'stuff' up on the internet I'd always used jpg files for images and drawings. So I experimented and within a WHOLE five minutes got the answer!!! The thing I now have to do is to export from EazyDraw as a pdf and NOT a jpg!!! Just have to remember that and the whole world starts turning again. I'm a very happy bunny. I rewarded BC3 and carried on.


6 comments:

Pigmini said...

Another pattern to try! Now I have to find the rings! More thread to wind... a girl just can't have too much tatty time! Now to work out what your problem is with pages....

Jane Eborall said...

The answer is in the blog post!!!!' PDF.

Madtatter80 said...

Well done 🦎

craftie sylvie said...

Thank you Jane, fantastic pattern :)

BethVawter said...

Can't wait to try this. If you have pages you must have an apple? If so here's a trip k for you .. print the doc from the file menu .. there should be a thing at the bottom that says format .. click on that and hose save as pdf. This will save anything your printing as a pdf file. Hope this helps.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, BethVawter I do have an Apple. It was the drawings that remained 'blurry' when I published the whole page as a pdf and uploaded it. The trick (I finally found) was to export the drawings themselves as pdf's and not jpg's. I then added the pdf drawings into the Pages page and pdf'd that and it worked!!!! At first it went against all my base instincts but I've now trained my brain to work that way!!!! Thanks for your help.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.