10 April 2017

Round 5 finished


A lot of people suggested yellow but this isn't 'pure' yellow as I felt it needed 'tying in' to previous rows so used a plain and a variegated with some lilac. 

I really, really thought this was the end of my adventure with the doily as this row appeared to need more doubles in those chains. I kept checking I'd got the stitch count right as it was a quick row and I felt I might be missing something!!!  BUT my instincts were wrong yet again!!! I threatened it with the iron and it's now behaving very well!!!! 

Well, wouldn't you if you had an iron held over you by an OG in her pyjamas who really, really wanted to just get into bed?

Now, what next I ask myself. I don't think it'll be this doily for a day or two as another temptation has put itself in my way!!!

5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I struggled a bit too, made the last chains looser than the early ones, which means it's not perfectly symmetrical! Love that colour.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That yellow sure is pretty!

Ladytats said...

That really looks nice. you chose the right colorway to go with the early rows. Of course it would behave when you threatened with the iron. sleep well, enjoy your 'jammies.

God's Kid said...

I think your doily looks like it's blooming each row, and I can't wait to see what's next!!! :)

Bernice said...

I too had issues with this row but it seems to come together on the next. Lovely Spring colors.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.