15 February 2017

Dora's pineapple


Here it is - finished. The picture at the bottom is the first one I took but I decided it just didn't show the glorious pattern up properly so I cleared the bed in the spare bedroom and laid the doily on there to take another. 

I'm going to buy a copy of the re-printed book as soon as it comes out as I want to give a copy to my daughter. Why? Well it may just get her back into tatting again although it's at least 14 years since she last picked up a shuttle!!! Kirsty did learn at a young age but I'm not sure if I ever taught Lucy as I would only teach people or kids who were genuinely interested.  They probably got bored watching their very strange mother tatting at every spare moment she had.  After all - they knew nothing else and were born into a home where shuttles ruled!!!  Oh, and the sewing machine!!!




7 comments:

Bev said...

These Dora patterns are enchanting Jane!!

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, fabulous Jane! Enough to inspire any lapsed tatter.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful. It should make anyone want to tat.

Unknown said...

What a stunning pattern - I can't wait to see more from this book.

tatlyn said...

Awesome!!

God's Kid said...

That is a stunning work of art!!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

Very excellent work gorgeous to see, you really created a beautiful Work of art. I hope they print enough books for all of us πŸ’ŸπŸ˜„πŸŒΈπŸ˜„πŸ’Ÿ

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.