13 December 2016

Using a picot gauge

As you know I bought a set of picot gauges last Saturday when I was at the Lace Fair. 

Of course, as with any new toy, a person HAS to play as soon as they can!!! I'm working on another Dora Young pattern (not telling which one yet!) and thought they'd be darn useful. BUT I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

They may well work for 'normal' picots but for those being followed by lock joins they're not good. Well, that's my opinion.  Or, rather, that's what I think right now.  

I struggled to get a decent picot to sit properly or stay the same size as it's next door neighbour. I've put them to one side for now but will have another 'go' when I'm doing 'normal' picots which aren't followed by lock joins!!!  

3 comments:

Pigmini said...

Hmmm. Don't think I've ever put a pivot and a lock Join together. I can 'see' how it may work... will have to try later...

You got me intrigued!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Is the picot before the lock join a joining picot for another round? I don't think I'd use a picot gauge there either. I've tried many times to work without a picot gauge, and Ive always had one wonky piece of tatting to show for it. They can be a bit bothersome at times, but overall I love my picot gauges!

Jane Eborall said...

It's a picot, ds, lock join repeated. It may be me that's the problem but I'd appreciate feedback on this from others who have tried it.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.