6 December 2016

Introduction to the TIAS

I've just added the introduction to the TIAS on the web site. I hope many of you will have the courage to join me again in my rather ridiculous little game!!!! 

For those who haven't heard about this game before - it's simply a pattern which is 'chopped up' into small parts and each part is given out every few days. The fun part is that you don't know what you're making. Guesses, pictures and anything goes in the four to six weeks that it takes to complete the uploading of the links. There is no time limit and there are no rules either - except I ask you to make it as fun as possible. 

If you need help at any point please ask although I can't help needle tatters. Before I forget - I'd better let you know where the introduction can be found. Here's the link.  There are also links on  Riet's blog to her translation (Dutch) and Julie's translation is here (French).  Julie's link maybe wrong but I'll update it when I see it appear!!!  I'm also putting links on the side of the TIAS blog too.  My thanks go to these two for all their hard work on this and the upcoming game.  They will be translating all the TIAS as it happens.

Just to pretty up the blog post - here are a few pictures of past Tat It And See games.



16 comments:

Pigmini said...

Hmmm. Variegated thread and a bead... and it's in 2 parts... I've got to wait over a month to start!!! I'm going to write to Santa and request a time machine!!! Vbg

Anyway... I'll start the guessing because this year I'm going to get my Elephants Foot Umbrella Stand! Efus for short! Rofl

Jane McLellan said...

Ooh, exciting!

IsDihara said...

I wasn't expecting this until January. What a lovely surprise!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very clever of you to start with pictures of the two I actually managed to finish! Bring on the challenge!

Unknown said...

I was just wondering a day or two ago when it would be time for a new TIAS! What fun! My friends in the office enjoyed watching my project develop last time (my first), so I'm sure they'll be glad to know it's just over a month away again--a week and a half before my son's wedding! And I'm excited to get to use one of my favorite threads--Lizbeth Rainbow Taffy (or, as I prefer to think of it, Rainbow Sherbet), which always makes me feel happy when I look at its cheery pastel shades. I'm ready to enjoy a new project with my tatting friends the world over. Let the fun begin!

Marla said...

Yeah!!!!! And so much time to pick threads, change my mind, pick other threads, change my mind, pick different threads, change my kind again.... oh dear! I wonder what it will be!!! Oh, maybe a "Bee"! .... but then again, maybe not! ��

Anonymous said...

I am really excited to try this.

Jane Eborall said...

I'm looking forward to meeting you, Joy. It's a lot of fun for me too!!! Well, now it's all ready. The sweat and tears are over!!!!! Just joking.

Bernice said...

Bring it on!

Jolimama said...

Szeretnék én is csatlakozni :-)

Jane Eborall said...

Alig várom, hogy a tárgyaláson meg, ha csinálsz a TIAS

muskaan said...

I intend to join in again & may be tat the 2016 one (I missed it) one alongside . And hopefully my first ever balls of variegated Lizbeth will arrive by then :-)

Andrea said...

will be joining in again Jane, and hope to finish. last year's wasn't because my hubby went and got pneumonia! he better not get ill this year😉

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, I SO hope he doeesn't get ill again, Andrea. Pneumonia isn't fun.

Beth said...

So excited!

GraceT said...

Ah, that goat! I had been tatting for two months or maybe less when I attempted it. It was my very first SCMR! And, of course, it was the first time I corresponded with you, Jane! Good memories... :-)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.