8 November 2016

Dora's progress


More progress on the Dora Young doily on page 15.  My original post is here.

Actually this isn't hard to tat but it's hard trying to keep track of where you are!!!  I'd appreciate somebody inventing satnav for tatting but meanwhile I'll stick to my coilless safety pin and 'good old' BC3!

As I said - it's easy but it's wise to keep counting the number of picots you've got and now the number of chains too. As you can tell by progress - I'm REALLY enjoying this experience and can't wait to try another pattern from the book.  Meanwhile I've GOT to finish this one and won't allow myself to start anything else before it's done!  Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

12 comments:

Maureen said...

Many years ago, Susanne Tot from Denmark - Dantatter - tatted this doily, she started it when she was staying with me and finished it after she got back home. I remember it was in variegated green thread, was magnificent, and she called it, affectionately, "The Big Green".I wonder if it is still on her website, I must have a look. I love the blue, although usually I go for pinks - this shade is very attractive.

Pigmini said...

Can't wait for the book to be republished so that pattern can drive this tatty OG crackers too!!! Coil less safety pins are on my wish list!! It is pretty.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the blue! I can see where it would be hard to keep track of where you are.

Elizabeth said...

Love the color. I can see where you could lose track of where you are. I can do that on a small piece.

TAT19540 said...

I love this! Have to get a copy of that book!

Jane McLellan said...

It's very pretty.

Jane Eborall said...

It's due to be re-printed next year, SAS.

Jane Eborall said...

Don't you mean MORE crackers, Sue? They're not easy to find those safety pins but I've been lucky and got them here in the UK.

Madtatter80 said...

Very beautiful doily, love it!

God's Kid said...

That looks so amazing!!! :)
Awesome tatting!!! :)

Pigmini said...

Probably!!! VBG

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Gorgeous in that shade of blue.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.