10 October 2016

Stephanie doily


There's one lady I must mention who goes to Tat Days each year and who always gives amazing little gifts. These are always tatted in size 80 thread and are really, really delightful. 

Not only does she do that she's also an amazing test tatter too. To be a test tatter isn't easy. First you have to be able to tell the truth about what you're testing. Not easy as some of us designers can be real prima donna's when it comes to criticism. I'm lucky - I've got a thick skin and can take and APPRECIATE all faults when pointed out to me. In fact if I ever asked somebody to test tat for me and they found nothing wrong I'd give up completely.  I'm good at boo boos in my work as you probably all know!

Now you're wondering who this is, I bet. Well it's Stephanie. I'm sure she's got motorised hands with the amount of tatting she produces. Yes, that's the answer. Wonder if they work off AA batteries or AAA. Maybe even lithium!!!

THANK YOU, Stephanie for all you do for me (along with Joanie who is my other favourite test tatter) for this lovely little mat.

8 comments:

God's Kid said...

Great mat!! :)

erin said...

Stephanie and Joanie are incredible! Ms.Sherry Townsend is very honest and thorough as well. Proofing is a thankless task. Thank you for posting your beautiful Stephanie doily!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Lovely! Stephanie's work is always impressive, and she's so generous!

Riet said...

She is a lovely girl and she knows a lot of all the tatters that come to the tat days. She came to me
"I know you like pastel colors and you are not so inn for variegated thread, so may make your choice first"
I got a nice pink doily




Jane Eborall said...

Absolutely, Erin. Spot on.

Jane Eborall said...

Another thing too, Riet, she's always smiling and always happy. That's so sweet of her to give you first choice too.

Bernice said...

Lovely mat. Tatters are the best :)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Beautiful mat, Stephanie! Hooray for your test tatters, Jane!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.