1 February 2016

Iona Cross


At the moment life is a bit different. We have a car which I use most of the time which isn't often!!! I use it when I have a big shop to do, sometimes for visiting friends and also for going to Crafternoon in Alcester.

The pavements and road outside our house has been diabolical for ages and a lot of people walk up and down to and from the train station, schools, a college etc. Finally the County Council decided they'd had enough of me taking pictures of potholes and posting them on Facebook and that they really ought to do something about it. The pothole pictures kept me amused as I planted plants in them, had ducks swimming in them and then finally a Christmas tree.  To be honest I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with me at all!!!!

The past two weeks (and for at least the next two) the workmen have been digging up the paths and laying us new ones. I asked a couple who live about ten minutes away if I could leave our car on their driveway and they kindly said 'yes'. 

In order to pay them back for this I've found out they're great church goers. A place I avoid at all costs!!!! I decided that I'd make them a little cross each so here's the first one. It's the Iona cross which can be found here.


7 comments:

Maureen said...

That's one I've made! - love the pattern, it is also very much like a Benedict Cross.Parking your car outside wouldn't be very pleasant in Brisbane just at the moment - the heat is diabolical. I'll miss the flowery potholes.

Madtatter80 said...

the tatting is very beautiful and the flower pot holes is a very creative protest :) funny I like it!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm glad your potholes are finally getting fixed. That's a very pretty cross, and I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Pigmini said...

I bet it was your creative use of potholes that spurred them on!!!

God's Kid said...

Great cross!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

They're spoiling your fun, fixing those holes!

Bernice said...

I will miss your antics with the potholes. Lovely cross.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.