1 December 2015

A BIG mystery - what is this for?


During the current and HATEFUL tidying up of the tatting cupboard I came across these useful 'tatting things'!!!! 

They were in a sweet little packet alongside some buttons and bits - sewn into the clear packet too so a lot of effort was put into this little gift. Sadly due to my dreadful packing of the suitcase (not helped by having it searched by some security or other) I lost the plot on where they came from. Thankfully the search people didn't take my wonderful bottle of Maple syrup or if they had there would've been BIG TROUBLE.

Anyway I'm putting a picture below in the hope that somebody will be able to help me. I'm SURE they're useful for tatting somehow but BC3 hasn't been able to figure it out!!!!

12 comments:

Liyarra said...

The cross thingys are tile spacers. no idea what you would use them for though other than spacing tiles?

Maureen said...

Are they thread winders?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

No help here. I thought you might be getting ready for a game of tic-tac-toe!

Adrian said...

I thought tile spacers too. And the round thing looks like the squeaker out of a squeaky toy!

Or are these the things we'll need to find for the next TIAS? :)

Ladytats said...

The black item is a piece of plastic chain. The hooks need their eyes to be useful for holding your bra together. And it looks like a stack of buttons. I am sure BC3 will come up with some way to use them

Marla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marla said...

'X' Tile spacers but over here they are usually made from foam. One half of a hook closure for a waist band. White plastic cylinder is from the inner workings of a sprayer.... Don't know anything about the 'C' thingie .... Maybe you thought they could be tatted into something and BC3 thought otherwise and dismissed the idea for you.

Jane Eborall said...

Well the mystery continues, eh? No, Adrian you definitely WON'T need these for the next TIAS!!!! Just a .......... and some .........

Crazy Mom! said...

The X items look like spacers for putting tile in.

Bernice said...

That "C" shaped piece looks like the things my niece used to finish of a bracelet she has made using those small rubber bands which I steal from her to put around small balls. I can't imagine what any of these things have to do with tatting.

GraceT said...

How intriguing! So someone gave them to you for tatting? I hope she'll see this post and remind you all about it... ;-)

Jane Eborall said...

I hope the person will see it too and let me know what it's all about!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.