9 November 2015

This snowflake is addictive!!!


Thank you SO much to all who took the trouble to help me out with this snowflake. I sort of thought I must have seen similar before and didn't think for a minute that BC3 had come up with an original flake. BUT having said that I'm still going to share it. 

There is a similar snowflake here which was kindly pointed out to me. The differences are there but I will be putting a link to Betsy's snowflake on the pattern when I've finished it.  I think that's fair, don't you?  Betsy starts with six rings in the centre of hers whereas mine starts with a mock ring/chain round a central bead.  Then I carry on with chains with rings on the chains too.  The clovers are also split up with chains too.

Anyway, I'd still value opinions on whether I should go ahead or not.  Please leave a comment so I can get the gist of what people think. 

By the way - this design started off using this pattern!!!!  No, don't ask - I've no idea how I landed up with the Crystal Snowflake!!!  Blame BC3 - like I do!!!!

12 comments:

Pigmini said...

Ooh.... Pink Cocoa.... one of my favourites!!! Yummy!!! I'm going to hijack BC3 to try and give my BC something to think about!!! LOL

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Love, love, love that snowflake!

SandyG said...

OK, As a fairly new tatter, what is BC3? LOL

erin said...

Jane, I also scoured the old snowflake exchange site on archive.org. You've got what appears to be an original in my book! Lovely!

Jane Eborall said...

Ah, SandyG, BC3 refers to the remaining three brain cells that I have left partly due to doing tatting for almost sixty years!!!! All the comments are aimed at myself and my lack of brain power!!!!

God's Kid said...

It's a great snowflake!!! :)

Martha said...

I think your flake is sufficiently different to stand as its own pattern. It has the look of your personal style. Besides the different center, the proportions of the rings are different,and the chains on the tips are quite a new look.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I agree with Martha - there are several differences. I noticed the chains between the clovers (which help give it strength) and the very different center. I also noticed that it has similarities to your 'Small Motif' and it was probably your inspiration to expand on it. I really look forward to seeing the pattern!

Cindy said...

Love the snowflake! I like the Betsy one as well. Real snowflakes are similar, yet each is unique. Just like this one :)

Deana MacKenzie said...

I like your snowflake....it looks familiar but like the rest I only found Betsy's...and you deceived the differences so I think you should go with it. It looks so crystL like....the name fits it wonderfully.

Bernice said...

I do like your version. :)

GraceT said...

I too think you should publish your pattern. Putting a link to Betsy's pattern will certainly make it clear that you're not trying to plagiarise her! ;-)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.