21 November 2015

A tit for tat

If you didn't know that's rhyming slang for hat!!! 

I bought the most GINORMOUS ball of wool from Michael's the day before I left Canada. Ruth kindly took me on a visit to the one that was closing down near her house. I figured that I'd still got room (if I sat on it) in my suitcase for the wool!!! This is what I made with it along with a pair of socks for wearing in bed when the poor old feet are cold!!!!

This is a very old pattern that Sally shared with me. I think she said it was about 30 years old!!! Crocheted and a lovely shape too. Shame the weather isn't cold enough to wear it yet although 'they' say it's going to change today!!

Oh, since these photos I've added a yellow button to the centre of the flower.  Now I'm 'good to go' but need to decide when and where to go!!!!


6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I"m not sure I should wish you weather cold enough to wear it! It's a splendid hat!

God's Kid said...

Great hat!! :)

Deana MacKenzie said...

Back to Canada...to expience a Canadian winter????

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The flower is the perfect accent! It's definitely cold enough for a hat today here in Illinois.

Madtatter80 said...

Oh I love it, it reminds me of Mary Poppings shaped hat!

Bernice said...

Well, I do know you look good in hats. Hope it sits for a while anyways.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.