27 November 2015

A teeny tiny snowflake pattern!


I've got a lot of Bob-eez (they seem to have many spellings!) with small amounts of HDT on them. I really, really need to free these up so I can wind on other new skeins of HDT that I've been given or bought over the past two trips abroad!!!! 

So, what to do with them? Well I decided to make this little star in my doodles section to put in my 'carry about with me' container which is always in my handbag.  Normally I carry two shuttles, loads of bobbins full of thread and make the little SCMR butterflies which fly out every time I tat in a public place.  Not that I do that a lot!!!

Then BC3 reminded me that it's almost the festive season!!!!  

Anyway - I realised that if I changed the little star slightly it would turn into a snowflake!!!   So, here it is OR here they are!!!  I can make these very quickly and will continue to bore you with them until I've released a few more Bob-eez!!!




13 comments:

Maureen said...

This will become a new favourite like your teeny tiny SCMR butterfly which I love so much.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very cute! I'm sure I have some shuttles that could use a little thread cleaning. Thanks for sharing!

Diane said...

Very cute snowflake.. you can make your own blizzard!!! :-)

Sally Kerson said...

This is a adorable pattern, tried it out last night and can see so many snowflakes being created in this part of England. Many thanks sister!

YorkieSue said...

I'll be emptying me shuttles with this little flake - thanks Jane. Be one of my favourites too

StringyDogs said...

Love it! We have a tiny tree that we set up on the kitchen counter. It is hard to find tiny tats to go on it. This one is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is perfect! Just the thing for using up those last bits of thread cluttering up countless shuttles and E-Z Bobs....and wound around empty cardboard/plastic thread cores. Add a thin metallic thread for a little extra 'sparkle,' and you've got a pretty little snowflake people will LOVE to take home with them as a reminder of their meeting (and their enthusiastic little chat about 'tatting') with the person in the doctor's waiting room....or in the library....or in the park....or.... :-D Great way to catch the interest of a possible 'convert' to tatting, also! Thanks, Jane!
StephanieW

Jane Eborall said...

Exactly!! That's the reason behind it - Stephanie!!!

Marilee Rockley said...

So cute! Thank you for the patterns! I'm glad to see both of the variations.

Jenn said...

Lovely snowflake! This will be perfect to put on cards for Christmas :).

God's Kid said...

Those are awesome!!! :) Fabulous colors too!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Ah, good idea, I also have some e-z bobs that need emptying, thanks.

Corina said...

Lovely! Thank you for sharing the pattern!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.