20 November 2015

A bit of a failure


I'm a bit ashamed of this but I'm going to show you anyway. This was one of the gifts I came back with from Canada.  A lovely sort of oval shaped piece of linen with a great pattern to make it into a holder - for hanky's I think.  Anyway I didn't do a very good job of it at all as I've mis-counted the holes and really made a mess of it.

BUT Abbi (aged nearly 8) thought it was pretty and happily took it home.  Just goes to show that somebody who's been tatting waaaaaay too long can still make a mess of things.  

The lesson for new tatters is - don't worry even ancient ones still don't get it right but it made one little girl happy!!!

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I'm glad it has a home with Abby because it's pretty even if it's not technically perfect!

Madtatter80 said...

I don't see any mistakes, I would have taking it home too :) You have been at it so long even mistakes look good too.

linb54 said...

I also would be proud to own it. It's pretty!

God's Kid said...

It's pretty and unique! :)

Bernice said...

Oh Jane, I find the same thing with my snowflakes even mistakes look beautiful. Lucky girl to have some of your tatting.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I would have happily taken it home also!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.