10 September 2015

Rachel


Now this is a little gem to tat. The design is (in my opinion) a terrifically great one as it just 'works'. I only wish it was my design but at least it belongs to one of my favourite tatters (and amazing bobbin lacer). Anybody guess?

Well it's Rosemarie Peel's design and comes from one of her books. The pattern is in the book called (Tatting Basic Patterns). Just had a look and she's still got copies of that book here on her site.

I'm taking this pattern and shuttles to make another of these little mats while I'm travelling. I can't tat on the plane but I can in the departure lounge and I'll be spending a few hours there!!!

8 comments:

Maureen said...

why can't you tat on the plane? - I love the star in the centre of this design,it's a wonderful example of negative space.

Jane Eborall said...

Mainly cause if you drop something it's so hard to find it again!!! Also it's just something I rarely do. This time as I'm working on a lovely repetitive design I just may try again!!!

Pigmini said...

Please miss... I know who miss!!! I needs to work out which book tho!! Cause I needs to do that pattern!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Believe it or not, that's one book I don't have. I guess I'll have to get it!

Jane Eborall said...

Well, Pigmini, IF you'd got out your BC3 AND read the post properly you'd know which book!!!! Do you need me to tell you again or should I come up to Yorkshire and point your nose at it!!!!!!

Madtatter80 said...

I love tatting in airports and waiting rooms, it make everything okay and time fly. This motif is cheery and fun :)

God's Kid said...

Very beautiful!! :)

Fox said...

Great little pattern, fun book and perfect thread!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.