28 March 2015

Crafternoon

A great time at Crafternoon yesterday. I forgot to show you these two pictures of tatters taken over the past two weeks. I have two friends who are learning but unfortunately they can't get to the library every week.
 
Yesterday there was a lady who is knitting. Go on, wait for it. An asparagus!!!
 
Why an asparagus? I forgot to ask but I expect it's cause there's a lot of asparagus grown locally. I'm hoping to see the finished one and if she brings it along I'll take another photo to show you.






6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Yesterday I saw a picture of knitted broccoli on Ravelry and wondered why on earth would anyone knit broccoli? Perhaps I'll find out when you find out about the asparagus.

Jane Eborall said...

That's funny, Jane!!! Broccoli too? Wonder if people are knitting a vegetable patch?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I've seen pictures of knit fruits and vegetables, but I've never had any desire to make any... probably because I love the real deal! I will have to look up knit asparagus and broccoli just to see what they look like!

Maureen said...

It's a very big asparagus! - we have the Big Banana over here, and the Big Pineapple and the Big Prawn, why not a Big Asparagus for Stratford!

Karen said...

I wonder if it'll be a hat when finished.

Jane Eborall said...

I wonder! The mystery deepens! I do love Crafternoon. Sheer relaxation and I learn lots too.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.