7 March 2015

Crafternoon

Between diamonds I'm making Starry Button Bracelets as they seem to be selling well both in the Etsy shop and in 'real life'. 

So, when it came to going to Crafternoon yesterday I decided to take the latest bracelet to work on as I can now do them on 'autopilot'!! 

As it was a sunny, dry day (although bitterly cold) I decided to get to Alcester early. This is a small pretty town about eight miles from Stratford. I parked up near the library and walked through to High Street. There are several charity shops in High Street so off I trotted to have a quick look. I usually look for jewellery that can be taken apart to make 'tatty things' with. 

Imagine my surprise to find (in the first shop) these wonderful shirt buttons. They were cheap as chips so I bought them. You can see them in the first two pictures and drying out in the third one after I'd washed them. Wonder how many bracelets and/or earrings I can make, eh?


8 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Good find! I could use a find like that, my stock of buttons is rather low. I like your new wallpaper.

Pigmini said...

Drool!!! Jealous!!! Not showing you how many I have all different sizes!!! Now what are you going to come up with for the shank ones??? Vbg

Maureen said...

That's a good haul indeed! - I wonder where they all came from, what is the story behind so many cast-off buttons. Lovely to think that you will use them to make something beautiful.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You've given me a new appreciation for buttons, although I have been sticking to the crochet since it's faster. I actually had someone suggest making button bracelets this week. I told her I have a good friend who makes some beautiful button bracelets, and I gave her the link to your Etsy shop. I wonder if she'll order?

Jane Eborall said...

Ooh, that would be great Diane. Struggling to keep up with demand at the moment!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm quite envious that you can make those beautiful bracelets on 'autopilot'!

Madtatter80 said...

What is is about buttons that women love? It is like we have found pure gold and you smile a lot when you see this pile, I am happy for you and makes me want to run and gather more myself. hugs and smiles from Carollyn

tattrldy said...

Looks like someone was frugal and cut the buttons off shirts they were getting rid of. How lucky for you! I would say - many, many things will be made with these!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.