22 September 2014

Now I'm home

Back in the old routine, I guess, but first I have to catch up on sleep. 

I promised to show you pictures of the first part of the trip which was to Atlanta for a few days with Crazy Mom who I STILL insist isn't crazy at ALL but probably a tad silly for putting up with me. 

While I was with her she arranged a tatting get-together at her new temporary home. What a fun evening that was. Lots of gossip and a new tatter was 'born' too.

The first day we visited the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta which was sooooo interesting and which I can recommend to anybody passing that way. 

On Wednesday we visited CNN studios and did the full tour. Again that was interesting and Crazy Mom even got to read using a teleprompter. She did a great job too. The escalator which you can see in the one picture is the longest unsupported escalator (elevator to Americans!) in the world and we went up it. There's a link about it here.  Such a lot to do and see in Atlanta.





6 comments:

Pigmini said...

Pleased you're back safely Miss. Looks like you had fun!!!

Maureen said...

Good to hear that you are "Back in Place "- that's an amazing escalator, I think I would have been worried if I had to ascend it! You've packed a lot into your time away

Jane McLellan said...

Glad you're back safe and sound and had a great time.

Crazy Mom! said...

Escalator is the right word - it's a lift that's an elevator!

OH - MY EYES!!!

So glad you had a good time - it was absolutely a treat to have you. Come back any time!

Crazy Mom! said...

Also - video on the escalator is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzLm6pkvfCE

Kathy Niklewicz said...

You have excellent hosts at Palmetto, and I'm enjoying reading about your adventures. I didn't even know CNN was in Atlanta, nor was I aware of the escalator which apparently was built for an Omni Center in 1976! (Love the internet and YouTube!). So glad to get some info about and to see Crazy Mom! II've missed her posts. Never knew about the Puppetry Center, either, although I've been to Atlanta a few times. An amazing city and intimidating highways!

Also a side trip to Florida! I'd be pretty exhausted after so much traveling!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.