15 May 2014

Fandango bookmarks 2


Two more of the Fandango bookmarks I've made over the last two weeks. I reckon each one takes an evening and a half - almost two. 

I really like these colours but don't ask me which they are as they're old threads and some HDT too.  All in a size 40.

BC3 had an idea yesterday and decided to email the school we all went to (see yesterday's post) to ask if we may pay it a visit.  I haven't been back since I was 18 and it's only about seven miles away!!!!  I couldn't believe it when I got an almost immediate reply to say that we'd be very welcome.  I did point out in my original email that I was probably NOT the best behaved pupil the school had every had.  Numerous hours spent 'on the landing' having been told to leave the lesson (mainly history from what I remember) and also outside the headmaster's office too. 

In my defence - I wasn't 'naughty, naughty' but really downright mischievous with an overdeveloped sense of humour!!! Pranks were my main 'thing'!!!!! 

Have I changed over the years? I leave that for YOU to decide!!!!


7 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm sure you weren't naughty at all, Jane! - but what a shame to have missed all those history lessons, with me it was chemistry....... hope it will be a nostalgic re-visit of old haunts.

Jane McLellan said...

I'm sure your friends will be thrilled with the bookmarks. I look forward to hearing about your visit to the old school. I wonder who is sitting on the landing now?

God's Kid said...

Fabulous bookmarks and awesome colors!!! :)

briddie said...

I won't ask about the colors, even though I want some of my own! They are wonderful. I do want to know, if I may ask, how long they turn out to be. I prefer size 10 for bookmarks so they don't take as long to complete. Size 40 sounds like a lot of tatting for a bookmark.

Jane Eborall said...

The length of the bookmarks is roughly six inches. I never mind how long something takes to make and find that the finer threads are less damaging for a book. A lot of tatting? Well, I suppose it is but a bookmark lasts for years and years and years. Least mine do - unless I lose them, of course!!! I like long projects as well as short ones and a bookmark is for life - not just for Christmas!!!!!

briddie said...

I don't get a lot of time for tatting - usually my 15-minute breaks. As a result it takes days for me to finish anything so a size 40 thread takes me forever! I do like the look of finer threads, though.

Tally Tatty said...

You? Mischievous? Impossible! I see your life as a long series of practical jokes, invented by your funny and genious mind, you kind personality.
Today ,you design mischiebous tatting in naughty colors! Lucky us! Otherwise, we would not have dead tatted mice , fluo-greensex repellent earrings and grinning orange female seahorses!
You will be mlschievous again, as soon as you enter school. Have fun!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.