20 November 2013

My finished box.

Back to talking about this, this and this!!!

So, here's the finished box.  Number one of two.  I used the Flurry Heartache for the top and a simple edging.  On the sides are small motifs which I stuck on.  

To put everything together I first stitched the heart onto the piece of black fabric.  

Then I stitched the inner edge of the edging to it too.  

Finally I sewed the picots on the outer edge of the edging to the actual box.  Fiddly and not helped by my usual self punishment of using invisible sewing thread!!!  One day I'll learn NOT to use that but use something I can actually SEEEEEE!!  It needs to be done during daylight hours and also with a good light on too.  Still it's done - now to find the other box and do that too!!!!


11 comments:

Miranda said...

Very pretty, and lovely attention to detail. I know what you mean about the invisible thread. It's such a pain to work with, but sometimes it's the only thing that will do!

On my monitor, the box and fabric look slightly brown, which makes the whole thing look like a chocolate cake with fancy pink frosting. My mouth is watering!

Jenn said...

That is gorgeous! Perfect for a jewellery box :).

GraceT said...

I do like that border on the edge! I think it was well worth your trouble to sew down those outside picots.

Madtatter80 said...

Great look, and nice to see what happened to that little black box!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely box, I lot of work but really worth now it's finished well done
Margaret

God's Kid said...

Really sweet box!! :)

Marty said...

It turned out wonderfully! I can hardly wait to see the other one.

Batty Tatter said...

Very pretty.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Wonderful box! The beads are just the right touch! Unfortunately, I'm reminded of the many velvet 5x5x5 velvet boxes waiting patiently for me to embellish them. And I'd have to use the invisible thread, too! You had to go to the extra effort of removing the original decoration! At least I don't have to do that!

Jane McLellan said...

Sounds fiddly, but the result is well worth the effort!

TAT19540 said...

Oh pretty will make a nice Christmas gift especially filled with goodies.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.