22 June 2013

This is the truth

The whole truth and nothing BUT the truth.  It's official - I've REALLY lost the plot.  

Over the years I'm still asked whether I've got a technique page on this, that or t'other.  One of those being joining the second side of the SR to a picot on a previous element.

Sadly I'd never 'quite' got round to doing it.  BUT the other day after doing the 'joining in a new thread' page I decided I'd settle down (yes, the weather still isn't much good) and do the SR join.  

When I start on something like this my first task is to set up the folder and files to store the drawings, documents and pictures in.  So, in my enthusiasm off I went to do just that.  First the  new folder (in my tips and techniques section on the computer), then a text document (safely stored in the new folder) and an EazyDraw file too.  Great - but then I wandered off to do something else!!!!!  

I got back to the computer an hour or so later and thought I'd left the aforesaid files open but I hadn't.  That meant going to 'finder' to do a search.  What did that reveal?  TWO documents of roughly the same name!!!!  On further snooping around my filing system I found a whole folder (with a slightly different name) on the join in question and actually started in September 2011!!!  I'd almost got it finished too and then I must've forgotten!!!  Send for the men in white coats!!! 

So, I finished it off and here it is!!!


13 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Did you give instructions on this join as part of a TIAS? I'm sure I learnt it from you!

goudenregen said...

Thanks again for yet another very clear technique page! Better late than never.

Jane Eborall said...

Ah, eureka, Jane. That's what probably happened!!!

Liyarra said...

You need a holiday in Australia Jane......

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Liyarra - you are SOOOO right. I do need a holiday and in Australia too!!!! I'm on the way!!!

briddie said...

Okay, I'm sure this is a fine technique because yours always are, but when would you use this? I feel like I've missed the beginning of the plot; I have no idea what the purpose of it is. (And I've already had a splendid vacation....)

Jane Eborall said...

Ah, briddie. This is the join that you use when you join the second (unflipped) side of a split ring to a picot (or even a doodad). It gives a neater join than using the second shuttle.

Valerie said...

Dear me, Jane, see I told you you need a holiday! And I totally agree with Liyarra. :)

Ladytats said...

I thought you had published this way back when. Since I didn't need to look the technique up, I just assumed it was available. Glad you found things all ready to go.

Phyllis said...

Thank you Jane. I won't be bothering you for this technique to be written up anymore :)

connie said...

Jane (both) you are absolutely right, and I believe it was the year that the TIAS was a girl.

Jane Eborall said...

Phyllis - you're NEVER a bother and I'm sorry you've had to wait.
Thanks, Connie. Where would I be without you.

Bonnie said...

Jane, I really appreciate your technique page. Thank you for all the work you do to make it available to me.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.