15 March 2013

An egg

No, I haven't laid one but some people may call me an old duck or even an old hen!!!!  
My sister (who's blog is here) is into all Christian customs and that includes Easter (whenever it is!) and so she started dropping subtle hints about it coming up soon.  An egg just might keep her busy if I designed one.  She did a stonking great little egg herself last year which is here so I've no idea why she wanted another!!!  

Anyway, I dusted off BC 3 and off I went.  I was left with approximately six really, really naff eggs before we were both happy with the shape.  I googled 'eggs' looking for a good outline image but there were so many and they all slightly differed.  I guess everybody has a different idea of what an egg shape is!!!!  Well, except for the mother 'whatever' who laid it!!!!



12 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh good - no more Catherine Wheel joins! - because I simply cannot work those out.
I love the thread in the bottom egg, it's a lovely combination.

TJ said...

Hi, Jane, love the egg design. My chickies are proud of you! BC 3 did a good job!

JB said...

Love your new design. I will be adding some of those to my Easter tree.

Ladytats said...

cute eggs! I really like your colors.

rsmre said...

Oh, Jane, this is a beautiful egg. I love the colors on the top egg the most.
Rosemarie

rsmre said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane McLellan said...

Sweet! I like the colours of the top one.

God's Kid said...

Really great eggs!! Love the colors!! :)

Corina said...

Lovely eggs, and even my chickens vary their egg shapes, so it can't be wrong.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, folks. I'm just about to start another one. Need some relaxation after 'shuttling' all day!!!

Valerie said...

Love your colourful eggs! Will check them out with my shuttles next. ;-)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Lovely. You and BC#3 and doing great work. I love the effect of the outer round.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.