29 October 2012

WHAT a surprise

Well you know I fell in love not long ago with a bag.  I know - a bag is a bag is a bag but NOT when you're an old bag lady like I am!!  Who was that who said 'she's just an old bag and not a lady'?  I heard you!!!

Well on Friday I was sitting having lunch when the doorbell rang.  It was the postman with a packet for me.  Now this was MOST puzzling as I wasn't expecting anything.  Not a thing, zilch, nowt, nil, zero.  Well I just LOVE surprises and this one was wonderful.  It came from Geraldine (this is her blog) who also sent me the instructions to make more bags like it AND some fabric and interfacing too.  It's got 8 pockets.  Yes, EIGHT pockets.  I love pockets in bags as they keep me better organised.  I like the square bag I made cause that's got 4 pockets but this one has EIGHT!!!  

Can you see what was in the pockets?  There was chocolate (yummy, yummy), some HDT, another thread which Geraldine says is great for the magic thread trick (I really MUST try that now), beads (can you see that they're eyes?), buttons and a doodad too.  

Thank you SOOO much, Geraldine - that's made an old git VERY happy.



8 comments:

Valerie said...

Lucky, happy old girl you! Have fun with the presents!

rsmre said...

Lovely gifts. Those "eyeball" beads are to die for.
I can't wait to see what you will do with them.
Rosemarie

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely surprise can't wait to see what you do with those beads
Margaret

louine said...

Very nice present....lots of fun items and in such a cute bag. Do you think she would share the pattern with those of us who are bag ladies as well?

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful surpirse. You will have fun with that.
Elizabeth

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful surpirse. You will have fun with that.
Elizabeth

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I see that others are also curious about those unique beads! The bag is very clever!

Jane Eborall said...

Hi Louine - can you drop me an email privately please on lovetotat @ gmail.com. I'll tell you more about the bag, then!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.