20 April 2010

Another pressie

A parcel arrived last week from Paula with more goodies inside. 

My first thought was that it couldn't be tatting related because it was heavy - but it was and in the most fantastic way.

About three/four years ago I found a very small tube of this cream in Wally World and bought it because of this story.

When my brother first started work as an apprentice farmer one of his tasks was to milk the cows.  He had an ample supply of udder cream and when the tubes were nearing their ends he used to take them home for mum.  She'd squeeze the bejasus out of them milking them (scuse the pun!) down to the last drop.  She said that the cream - which was pure lanolin - was the best she'd ever used.  So, when I saw what was obviously the same substance I bought a small tube and brought it home.  

Paula's lovely gift gave me not only the cream but made me remember that story.

What I love about this cream is that you need just a little and it sinks straight into the skin and I can tat straight away without waiting for it to 'sink in'!!!

5 comments:

Tatskool said...

Lucky Moo!!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Oh Yes! I love this hand cream. It's the best!!

Sally Kerson said...

Well I never remember that happening at home - but then you are a LOT older than me!!! Moooooooooooo

Michelle said...

I've heard of crafters using this cream before. You say that you don't have to wait for it to sink in which is great as I can't tat with completely dry hands so have to use cream but hate that waiting for it to sink in part.

Jane Eborall said...

That's right, Michelle. It's wonderful cream. Like you I can't tat with dry hands and actually HATE dry hands at all times!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.