20 May 2009

Look what flew in yesterday

Now, in our town we have a butterfly farm which does a lot of work preserving some of the species of insects etc which live there.

So, yesterday when the butterfly below arrived I was astonished to see that it had come all the way from Scotland!!!!


Isn't this so pretty? It was a gift from Trayna (thank you SO much, Trayna) along with some motifs for the Ring of Tatters bookmarks.

Below is also a scan of the frame I found for the butterfly. Now, all I've got to do is find something to mount the critter on and then assemble it.


She'd also put in a skein of Madeira embroidery floss which I've never tried before.
Whooopppeeee.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that was sweet of Trayna to include the Madeira thread! I hope you show the butterfly once it is mounted in the frame.

Trayna said she was sending me something...I wonder what it could be! I haven't gotten it yet, but something tells me it takes a little longer to get to USA from Scotland than to England from Scotland, LOL! Call me psychic...I know!!! ;)

Stephanie said...

Now that is a cute butterfly! That butterfly farm looked interesting until I saw it has an 'arachnoland'. No spider fan am I! *shudders*

Gina said...

Very pretty and nice job on the clunies too!

Fox said...

Such nice, plump, little tallies...... Lovely work!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

What a pretty butterfly...and look at those perfect clunies too. You are one lucky lady Janey, O Janey.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.