15 September 2008

Christmas colours!

Yesterday I drew up the diagrams for this little earring/motif. I could do with a good name for it. I always struggle with naming my stuff. At the moment it's called a 'ring on ring in ring earring' but that's a bit of a mouthful and I don't think it should necessarily be 'marketed' as an earring either. All suggestions welcome. I am wondering if anybody would like to try this out to see if they can follow the instructions. I have them in a Word document so would happily take on a volunteer or two.

I also managed to do part 3 of the TIAS 4.This game is proving to be very good practice at doing block tatting!!!! I've sent Sherry my three stages this morning so she can blog them when she gets time. I've solved the mystery of what it's going to be but you'll have to wait until later when it's blogged here!!!

11 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

These are lovely, Jane! I would love to volunteer to test tat these except for two things... I don't have any rings to tat around, and I don't foresee getting to the store for another two weeks. As for a name, I'm drawing a blank. I think I have fewer brain cells than anyone on the planet right now!

Tattycat said...

I'm not very good at naming things either, but I'll think about it. I'll have a go at test tatting if you want me to. Smarty pants figuring out the TIAS! I've not a clue.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

These are brilliant! What size do they measure?

Jane Eborall said...

They're 1 1/4" across. I just love them too. The centre brass/cabone ring is 5/8". I'm going to play with other earring rings this evening. I'll keep you posted!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, that title does have an interesting "RING" to it...LOL! Sorry, Jane, I couldn't resist! You're Christmas Wreath earrings look spectacular.

Jeff Hamilton said...

The earrings look good Jane. I hate to admit it but I like "Ring on Ring in Ring Earring" as the name. It kinda rolls off the tongue. Of course, that could be my insanity talking!

Anonymous said...

I like "Ring Ring!" as a title. Oh excuse me, the phone's gone off again.

Anonymous said...

How about ringles (rhymes with jingles)
I just adore these, wish I had time to test tat for you.
JaneB

Charlene ♥ NC said...

How sweet they are - they reminded me immediatly of Ringed Wreath Earring!

NyteFyre said...

Is there a pattern for these or do you only sell them ready made ?

Jane Eborall said...

Found it, NyteFyre. Bottom of this page!!!
http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/EarBracelet.pdf
I really had to search my pattern site!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.