12 March 2008

A new thread

On Monday a small unexpected package arrived for me. I LOVE surprises and what was even better it was a ball of thread. Jenny Griffin sent it as a 'thank you' for doing the TIAS.
I'd never seen or heard of this thread - it's brand new from Coats in Germany. It's called Anchor Artiste and this particular ball is a number 20 and holds 20 grammes.
The colour is a very yummy variagated lilac. I worked up a bookmark using it alongside a Manuela thread. I would say that it is exactly the same as Flora and not as 'harsh' as Floretta. The only snag I can find is the price which I found it listed on one site.
I'm not giving the link to that site as I'm hoping that others will sell it a bit cheaper. Hint, hint to any thread suppliers that are reading this!!!
Here is the bookmark I made!!!

3 comments:

Tatskool said...

Jane, Coats Anchor Chain Mercer has been rebranded as Anchor Artiste Mercer.
The best thread I have ever used.

They do seem to be doing more colours too.

Expensive but well worth it for the effort involved in tatting.

Toptattyhead said...

That certainly looked as if it worked up very well, Jane. Thank you Pamela for the useful info!

Tattycat said...

What a nice surprise and a good friend. Beautiful bookmark as well.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.