21 May 2007

Progress

I did do a bit on the edging last night in spite of not being in the mood. I tried the way of working using a split ring and no continuous join. It's looking a lot neater but I'm now wondering if the two small picots I've put on one of the central SR's really need to be there. I think I'll try it without. The problem with those two is that they may again be 'cluttering' the area just under the SR and I do want a bit more space showing.
This pattern (when it's finished) could have many headers to it and I hope to be able to give those eventually.
I'd also like to give it a corner as I remember seeing edges when I was a teenager that I wanted to work but they didn't have corners! In those days I couldn't get my head round doing them myself!

A few hours later and I've just been down the town to get some milk. Actually I almost walked straight past our new neighbour I was so deep in thought!! Whilst I was wandering along I was thinking about this edging (sad woman, or what!) and it's occurred to me that it might be as well to make the SR in the centre of each section a little wider. I've been using 4 - 4 / 4 - 4 but I think I may now try 6 - 6 / 6 - 6. This would throw the lower section outwards. See where the small SR's are heading to the foot of the edging? Hang on, I'll draw it out

See where the arrows are pointing? That's where I mean to alter it to 6 - 6. This should make a bit more of a space between the lower small SR's and R. Having done this then there may well be more scope for a fancier top!!!! Time will tell!!

2 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

In this edging, I can't help but to see a line of pleasantly plump chorus girls dancing....

Jane Eborall said...

You are SO funny. AND so right too.
Jane

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.